Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blog Number One

The Space Between, written by Don Aker, is a different kind of adventure book. Steering away from the average life changing journey that usually takes place in adventure novels, this book is about the main character Jace wanting to lose his virginity. Jace is turning 18 in a couple of days, and is planning on reaching his "goal" in Mexico as he, his autistic brother Lucas, his rich aunt Mara and his mom are on vacation. Jace is worried that his family will cause distractions toward achieving his goal. Along with his family being present, Jace also has other problems with the hockey star Connor MacPherson attending the same flight and place as Jace. Jace believes that Connor will ruin most of his chances of reaching his goal, and along with that he finds Connor to be really annoying and rowdy.

As Jace lays on the beach trying to play it "cool" in front of Kate Townsend (the blond girl he notices) Connor MacPhearson comes over with his rowdy friends and completely blows his chances. Kate walks away in disgust. Later on in the book Jace and Connor eventually end up talking and Jace realizes they have a lot in common and a friendship is established. Jace and Connor were sitting on his balcony drinking alcoholic beverages, looking down at the beach trying to scope out girls for Jace (because he told Connor about his "goal")Connor, under the influence, sees Kate and not knowing about Jace's crush towards her yells down "hey babe, wana come up here?" Kate sees them both and responds "sorry I don't hang out with assholes." Jace is astounded and instantly loses respect for Connor.

If you were in Jace's position, what would you do to show Kate that you're not like Connor? How could you get Kate to see that you're not an "asshole?"

7 comments:

  1. If i was in Jace's position i would try and ask Kate out to dinner and show her my ture side and that i am not like Connor at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen Oppedisano, i must say that is an excellent question, I think that i would try to get Kate to spend one on one time with me, away from Connor. I think that this would show her that I am very different then an the "asshole" that Connor is. This is a very difficult position to be in, having your family on vaction there with you. I mean how would you ever get away from them, long enough to achieve your "goal" of getting laid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was in Jace's position I would try my hardest to prove to Kate that I am not like Connor by taking her out on a date, or just talking to her, and explaining to her that I was nothing like Connor, and hopefully she could see who I really was and I would be closer to achieving my "goal".

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were jace I would want to talk to kate alone and let her see that I'm not like the other guys and that I respect her. Then she will see that Connor is a bad influence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go to this girl and introduce my self properly and not rudely. I would talk to her like a normal girl and not just like a hot girl that you want to do "things" with. That is how I would show that im not like Connor. I would try and get Kate to realize that I am not a asswhole but taking her out anywhere she would like and just talk. Maybe walk on the beach if the night is nice enough. Then maybe later on you can try new things with her and see if you can acheieve your "goal".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would change anything im doing. I would be myself, and just be friendly. I think after a while of being friendly with her it will make her realize that your a good guy. If she doesnt want anything to do with you then let it be. Your too good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd maybe try to do something super nice for her. Since they are on vacation at a resort, I'd save her a chair on the beach, or buy her a nice fruity drink. But most importantly, I'd be myself (like Nick said). If she saw who the real me was, then maybe we would become friends. (even though Jace wants to get some action from her)

    ReplyDelete