Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In the third section of my book The Space Between, a lot happened that was very unexpected. First off, Jace and Kate begin to get really close and kiss one night to say bye. Jace was expecting more from her (as in getting laid) but Kate just says "i had fun Jace i'll see you tomorrow." Jace was really confused about this and was starting to lose hope of ever reaching his goal. As it turns out, Kate was leading him on the whole time. Kate confesses to JAce that she has a boyfriend back home,and they've been dating for over a year. Jace gets really upset about this and begins to raise his voice, reminding him of when he found out about Cynthia (his ex girlfriend) and how she was cheating on him with some other guy.

Connor, the big hockey star who Jace is sometimes envious of because of his "abilities" with the women, began to tell Jace something as a confession. Jace was assuming that he was telling him he was an alcoholic, but Connor was really trying to tell Jace that he is gay. One night Connor slept in Jace's suite with him in the opposite bed, and Jace began to fall asleep.

Jace was having a dream that him and Kate were making out, when he woke up to Connor on top of him with no close on kissing him. Jace jumped up and began yelling and swearing at Connor. He then realized what Connor was trying to tell him. Connor also confessed that he thought Jace was gay, which is why he hung out with him so much. Jace was very insulted and began thinking "do other people think I'm gay?" which they did. His aunt Mara told Jace it's fine just don't tell his mom at that moment, and even Kate told him later that she thought he was gay too, which is another reason why she felt bad for kissing him.

If you had a good friend like how Connor was to Jace, would you feel betrayed knowing that your friendship was based on a hopeful future gay relationship? How would you react to a friend who confesses their true self, thinking that you feel the same way towards him?



6 comments:

  1. I would feel very weird. If that happened to me and someone was just being my friend on the hopes of having a gay relationship in the future I would be totally freaked out and never talk to him again. Especially when he very well knows that Jace wasn't gay. concidering that he was dating a girl. That is a really unrespectful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think that I would feel betrayed, I just think that it would lower my self esteem. It would make me wonder what other people were thinking about me too. It would also be weird to have a friend only because they want a future reletionship with me, I wouldnt trust anyone as much after that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldnt feel betryed if my came out and said that to me but i would definitly have to think about still talking to him beacause i wouldn't want him to try something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not feel betrayed if my friend came out of the closet because I have a gay uncle. But the relationship between us wouldn't be the same. We could still do the same things that we have done before but it would just feel weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would feel betrayed knowing that my friendship was based on a hopeful future gay relationship because it would make me feel weird and well, I would wanna kill myself. If my friend confessed his true self to me I would give him a pade on the back and say, "It's been nice knowing ya, but I think we can't be friends anymore. Sorry man." To be honest, I wouldn't want to be friends with a gay guy because I wouldn't want to pick up their "gayness" and if he would ever hit on me I'd probably knock him, even if he was bigger than me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't feel betrayed if my friend came out of the closet and told me something like that. I would feel shocked at how I had been friends with him for so long then all of a sudden he is gay. That would definetly throw me for a whirl. To be honest if I found out that he was gay i would consider my friendship with him, but would have a long talk with him about some guidelines.

    ReplyDelete